Wednesday 28 August 2019

Travel, Textiles & Costumes: Blogs of Interest

As you can see, I'm slowly catching up on my backlog of textile posts.  My research leads me to some lovely and most inspiring sites.  

Whilst searching for some textile blogs, I found these that I think are worthy of sharing.  Great eye candy for sure and so wonderful to see recognition for fibres still produced in the traditional way.  It also made me think that I need to tart up my blog posts a bit – I’m feeling a little pedestrian really…

Anyway, it goes without saying that if you want detailed, learned textile sources then John Gillow’s “World Textiles” would be a handy reference (check Book Depository's excellent selection of craft books) and a good place to start.  Otherwise, here is the link list:









Now, for some colour and 18th century style, lets visit Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia, United States.  First, the Dye Shop and then the Ladies Dress Shop.