Tuesday 27 August 2019

Springwood Quilt Show 2019

Blue Mountains: May 2019

Just before I left town in 2019, I decided to take in the Springwood Quilt Show (2019).  It was a lovely day, a pleasant drive up into the Blue Mountains and of course, some pretty amazing quilts.  The vendors were fantastic and lined the hall with VERY tempting wares.  I even got to meet a few famous names.  Margaret Sampson George was there with her very special applique style, Rachaeldaisy’s students showed just how innovative her work is, and Chris Jurd tempted me with some fantastic modern pieces, with patterns available.  All this and the local quilters offered an enticing assortment of goodies for morning/afternoon tea if you wanted to sip tea (refreshment and contemplation) and stay close to the action.

We had time to stop at Post Office Patchwork at Glenbrook – never enough fabric, right?  Just needed to keep the stash buoyant, as one must. 

Obviously, I did not make it home empty-handed.  All I need do now, aside from live till I’m 150 (at least), is to make all these quilts up!!

Some photos from the show.  The first is definitely Margaret Sampson George and the third down, Susan Lenehan, but the others escape me as I didn't take note of their makers. Enjoy!