Monday 26 August 2019

Chasing Rainbows

Quilt Show: Darling Harbour 2018

I am pleased to say that we made it home in time to make the June 2018 Sydney Quilt Show at Darling Harbour.  That's now two years in a row I've made it – WOW, how exciting!!  So, with some of the quilters from Dangar, off we set for a day immersed in the wonderful world of textiles.

A single day is simply not enough, with so many inspiring exhibits and of course, so many vendor stalls, all beautifully presented and well resourced.  I had ideas for future quilts spinning in my head for many daze after the show.  

Although the 2018 Quilt Show is certainly old news by now, I felt the need to share some of my favourites. 
Catherine Moseley: Red Glitter

Barbara Gower: Kyoto by Night

Emma Kemmis: Bejewelled (Close-up) 

The unmistakable hand stitchery of Carolyn Sullivan
Well done to everyone who participated and inspiring work.  Let's hope for another fine gathering in 2022.   Now, I really must go and find my stash of Japanese fabrics.  I've found the perfect Jen Kingwell pattern for them.