Sunday 20 May 2012

Diving In

Bread by Bus
Mr DIY and I said farewell to our travelling companions at the village of St Catherine and caught a local bus back to Dahab.  It took us a while, but we eventually worked out that the flat, round objects on the dashboard were breads.  We started to relax…

A Cool Corniche overlooking the Gulf of Aqaba
So began a wonderful few days of diving whilst I renewed acquaintances with my moggie friends at the many cafes along the corniche.  One was particularly charming – a regular old gentleman, until I tried to gently move him off my lap.  The claws, ever so slowly dug into my leg – a reminder that he, not me, was in charge of seating arrangements.  I did eventually escape to find another nice silver shop while Mr DIY splashed about madly in some very clear diving spots.  We could hardly believe we were on the sleepy fringes of the Gulf of Aqaba and a mere stones throw from the Suez Canal.
Meet the Boyfriend

More Animals - A Woven Mat
Watch Tower